Tuesday, October 18, 2016

FXT Week 6 Recap: Power Struggle

Singles Match
The Hiz vs. Minh Wyatt



Skull Crushing Finale by The Hiz!
The Hiz caught Minh Wyatt by surprise!

1-2-3!

Winner via Pinfall: The Hiz



[Ranallo]
What a shocking upset!
The inactive Hiz, besting the undefeated Minh Wyatt!


[Graves]
What the hell just happened.
How did the Hiz beat the Eater of Worlds?
Singles Match
Sandy Orton vs. Jenni Zayn


Jenni Zayn with the swinging DDT!

1-2-3!

Winner via Pinfall: Jenni Zayn

[Ranallo]
Make that 2 for 2 on the night for the Inactives!
The Inactives are picking up steam, Corey.
This marks a back to back win for Jenni Zayn.
Can the Inactives carry this momentum for the rest of the season?

[Graves]
I don't think so, Mauro.
They're not actually any good.
These are fluky wins.

[Ranallo]
I don't think that kind of talk should be tolerated in the current year, Corey.

Backstage Interview



[Tom Phillips]
Joining me at this time, tonight's challenger for the FXT Universal Championship, Chris Waiting and his mentor... Kev-

[Kevin Waiting]
Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Hold on there, Tim.
You weren't just about to introduce me as a prodigy of Chris Waiting, were you?
I am Chris Waiting's equal.
I come from the school of Waiting.
But I am not a prodigy of anyone, you hear me?

[Tom Phillips]
My apologies, Kevin.
Tonight, Chris, you face your biggest test of the season.
Challenging for the FXT Universal Championship.
How do you prepare for such a match of his caliber?

[Chris Waiting]
Well, John.
It's simple. JJ Styles is not an elite Fantasy Manager.
JJ Styles is a fraud.
And I will expose him and his so-called Club.



[Kevin Waiting]
You see, Bryan. JJ Styles may have the Bullet Club.
But what we have is much stronger than that.
We have a friendship.
A bond, stronger than guns.
Tonight, my best friend, Chris Waiting becomes the new FXT Universal Champion.

[Chris Waiting]
That's right, Felipe.
And you know why I'm so confident that I will walk out Universal Champion?
Because I have a best friend like Kevin Waiting watching my back.


[Tom Phillips]
Be that as it may, Chris.
The Bullet Club outnumbers the two of you.
Are you at all concerned that they may interfere in tonight's match?

[Chris Waiting]
What did you just say to me, Michael?
I'm not worried about the Bullet Club.
I am better than the Bullet Club.
You stupid idiot.
Singles Match
Vic Ambrose vs. Dolph Riggler


Dolph Riggler hits the Rig Rag!

1-2-3!

Winner via Pinfall: Dolph Riggler

Riggler and Ambrose appear to be fighting for position in the mid-card status.
Can Riggler hold onto the 6th seed as we inch towards the half way mark of the season?

FXT Intercontinental Championship Match
Kenn Balor vs. Shinsuke Nickamura (C)



Kenn Balor hits the Too Sweet on Nickamura's forehead!


Ken de Grace!

1-2-3

Winner via Pinfall and NEW FXT Intercontinental Champion: Kenn Balor


After a misstep last week, Kenn Balor gets back on track by winning the Intercontinental Championship.
Balor gets back to the top spot with this win.

Backstage Segment


We cut backstage to find Chris Waiting attacked by unknown assailants.


[Chris Waiting]
It was the Bullet Club!
Those stupid idiots attacked me!
I can't compete in tonight's main event.
I think I broke my neck!
I THINK I BROKE MY NECK!

[Graves]
This is a shocking change of events.
Will this affect our Championship match tonight?
Who will JJ Styles face later?
Singles Match
Sidney Reigns vs. Tai Rollins



Sidney Reigns with the Superman punch on Tai Rollins!



Sidney Reigns calls for the Spear now!


But Sidney Reigns runs right into a Family Tree by Rollins!

1-2-3!

Winner via Pinfall: Tai Rollins

Tai Rollins enters the Top 3 now with this win over Sidney Reigns.

Backstage Segment


[Shane McMahon]
Well, Chris Waiting is out tonight.
But you still have a match, Styles.
Tonight, you will face Kevin Waiting for the Universal Championship.


[JJ Styles]
Hey, we had nothing to do with the attack on Chris Waiting, earlier tonight.
That was not us.

[Karl Anderson]
You've got to believe us, Shane.
We didn't touch him.


[Shane McMahon]
I know who you guys think you are.
I've dealt with guys like you before.
You think that you're the New World Order..
But you're not.
You're just some wannabe, off brand version of the NWO.
You're not gonna bullshit a bullshitter.
And I won't let the Bullet Club hijack my league.
So tonight, the Bullet Club is banned from ringside.

Shane McMahon does the Bullet Club gesture at JJ Styles.


[JJ Styles]
WHAT?!
This is absolutely ridiculous!
We had nothing to do with that!
This is bullshit, Shane!

FXT Universal Championship Match
Kevin Waiting vs. JJ Styles (C)



Kevin Waiting makes his way down to the ring.



The Champion, JJ Styles is out next.


The bell rings and this match is underway.


Reversal by JJ Styles!

1-2... KICKOUT by Kevin Waiting.


JJ Styles goes for the Calf Killer, but wait a minute!

[Ranallo]
That's Chris Waiting!
Chris Waiting with the distraction on JJ Styles!
I thought Chris had a broken neck.


Code Breaker on Styles!


Pop Up Powerbomb by Kevin Waiting.

1-2-3!

Winner via Pinfall and NEW FXT Universal Champion: Kevin Waiting


[Kevin Waiting]
THIS IS MY TITLE, YOU STUPID IDIOTS!
I AM THE CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

 

 [Ranallo]
HAS JERI-KO OUTSMARTED THE BULLET CLUB?
CHRIS WAITING LOOKS PERFECTLY FINE TO ME!
WE HAVE A NEW FXT UNIVERSAL CHAMPION, KEVIN WAITING.
THANK YOU FOR TUNING IN.
WE'LL SEE YOU NEXT TIME FOR FXT PREVIEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment